Since this event has already happened, this letter is defunct. Anyway, e-mail petitions are almost never taken seriously because they are easy to fake and hard to verify.
Subject: Dalai Lama Excluded from UN Spiritual Conference
We hope this petition is self explanatory. Please sign and forward to others who may wish to support the Dalai Lama’s inclusion in this conference of Religious and Spiritual Leaders. If you find that you are number 50 on the signature list, please sign and then return to:
Free Tibet Campaign
PETITION SUPPORTING THE INCLUSION OF HIS HOLINESS, THE DALAI LAMA AT THE MILLENNIUM PEACE SUMMIT OF WORLD SPIRITUAL LEADERS AT THE UNITED NATIONS
We, the Undersigned, strongly protest the exclusion of His Holiness, the Dalai Lama, from the Millennium Peace Summit of Spiritual leaders being held at the UN from August 28th-31st. The ones primarily responsible for this Summit (UN Secretary General Kofi Annan and Bawa Jain)could choose at this time to find the moral courage to stand up against Chinese pressure and inducements; they should reverse their earlier decision and invite His Holiness -one of the most revered spiritual leaders on the planet as well as a Nobel Peace Prize Laureate – to this gathering for peace of spiritual and religious leaders.
1) James Daniel McManis, peace diplomat, Seattle, Washington, USA
2) Grace Shanti Foulds, peaceworker, Sydney, NSW AUSTRALIA
3) Govinda Miller, peace emissary, Sandpoint, Idaho
4) Samadhi Ishaya Wright, monk, peace educator, Lincoln, NE
5) Jann Britton, hospice care, Lincoln, NE
6) Lisa Keel, mother (and YES it IS a job), Lincoln, NE
7) Holli Hensley , student, Tennessee