You Know You Are Getting Old When…
1. You and your teeth don’t sleep together.
2. Your try to straighten out the wrinkles in your
socks and discover you aren’t wearing any.
3. At the breakfast table you hear snap, crackle,
pop and you’re not eating cereal.
4. Your back goes out but you stay home.
5. When you wake up looking like your driver’s
6. It takes two tries to get up from the couch.
7. When your idea of a night out is sitting on the
8. When happy hour is a nap.
9. When you’re on vacation and your ENERGY runs
out before your money does.
10. When you say something to your kids that your
mother said to you, and you always hated it.
11. When all you want for your birthday is to not
be reminded of your age.
12. When you step off a curb and look down one
more time to make sure the street is still there.
13. Your idea of weight lifting is standing up.
14. It takes longer to rest than it did to get
15. Your memory is shorter and your complaining
16. Your address book has mostly names that start
17. You sit in a rocking chair and can’t get it
18. The pharmacist has become your new best
19. Getting “lucky” means you found your car in
the parking lot.
20. The twinkle in your eye is merely a reflection
from the sun on your bifocals.
21. It takes twice as long – to look half as good.
22. Everything hurts, and what doesn’t hurt –
23. You look for your glasses for half an hour and
they were on your head the whole time.
24. You sink your teeth into a steak – and they
25. You give up all your bad habits and still
don’t feel good.
26. You have more patience, but it is actually
that you just don’t care anymore.
27. You finally get your head together and your
body starts falling apart.
28. You wonder how you could be over the hill when
you don’t even remember being on top of it.